|Title:||Desktop Support Technician|
A stellar opportunity awaits you at SpaceLink!
Opportunity calls: Desktop Support Technician
As a talented IT professional, you’re looking for an opportunity that allows you to learn the newest technologies, advance your technical expertise, and be part of a highly skilled team. You also want an employer that values and invests in its people.
SpaceLink has an immediate opening for an experienced Desktop Support Technician. As a Desktop Support Technician, you’ll get to share your technical expertise with our clients, providing technical support, troubleshooting, and resolving their simple to complex technical issues. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a team of highly qualified peers and play an integral role in a thriving company that will challenge you to grow both your technical and business skills.
Our Desktop Support Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of reactive service issues. This technical service position requires both excellent communication and technical skills. Calls are routed and assigned to Desktop Support Technician on a first come first serve, and priority basis. Basic metrics for performance are measured so that the customer experience can be measured, and high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained. This opportunity is as fast paced, as it is gratifying. Our service desk engineers learn new technology quickly and are some of the brightest and most talented engineers in the IT and managed services industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
- Provide professional and caring advanced technical support to our clients by managing your service request queue.
- Help to keep our clients’ end users productive by documenting, monitoring, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the Service Desk Coordinator to manage expectations and service levels with our clients.
- Perform root-cause analysis and resolution.
- Research knowledge base repositories for technical solutions and configurations.
- Know when to escalate problems that require additional support.
- Maintain industry expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by attaining designated professional certifications.
- Contribute to SpaceLink’s vision and direction by helping improve Service Desk practices.
- Work with the Service Desk Coordinator for scheduling and dispatching on-site to resolve service requests.
- Maintaining a personal service ticket queue
- Prioritizing assignments with the Service Desk Coordinator
- Phone and in-person communication with clients
- Use of remote control and system monitoring software
- Root cause analysis
- Service ticket documentation
- Time entry and management
- Work within the framework of SpaceLink Service Desk and customer service processes
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Technology Experience Required
- The Desktop Support Technician must possess a minimum of three years of hands-on experience supporting network and desktop technology comprised of the following technologies:
- Industry standard PC and workstation hardware
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 OS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 OS
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server 2007 – 2013
- Cloud-based services including Office 365, Egnyte, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- VMware and Hyper-V Hosts
- Windows Remote Desktop Server and Terminal Server
- HP, Dell and Industry Standard Server Hardware
- SAN and NAS Storage Technology
- Enterprise Backup Technologies – R1Soft, Storagecraft, and VEEAM
- Enterprise anti-virus and malware protection solutions
- Network backbone devices including switches, routers, and firewalls
- A valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Professional IT certifications are a plus: CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft MCP, MCITP, Citrix CCA, Cisco CCNA or CCDA, VMware VCP
- Reside within 20 miles of our San Diego office.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN SPACELINK?
SpaceLink is the industry leader in Managed IT, Cloud Computing and IT Project Services for businesses in San Diego. We have been recognized as one of the top Managed Service Providers in North America for 2016. Our culture is built on the foundation of integrity, teamwork, passion for exceeding customer expectations, a sense of urgency, and having fun.
- You’ll have access to the newest technology.
- You’ll be encouraged and receive the supported needed to earn professional certifications, making you more knowledgeable and valuable within the industry.
- Our employees are uniquely positioned to help drive growth and create new opportunities for the entire team.
- You won’t need to leave SpaceLink to advance your career. Our best people stay with us and grow with us.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance from day one of employment, generous time-off, and more.
- We have been recognized as one of the top Managed Service Providers in North America.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: